Painting of the Month Rules
- Submissions will be in .jpg or .jpeg form and emailed to Gary Mele at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the piece.
- Deadline: Any time on the Friday before the member meeting.
- Voting will be on the WASH website from the Saturday before the member meeting starting about noon until 1 hour before the member meeting and is open to the general public.
- Announcement of the winners will be during the general meeting on the 2nd Monday of each month unless there is no meeting in which case the announcement will be on the website and through email. Entrants are encouraged to come and share their thoughts on their paintings.
- WASH members in good standing may enter one painting per month.
- Paintings must be originals by the artist and should not have been copied from any painting or copyrighted photograph. If a painting is questioned, the artist may switch it for another without penalty.
- Any painting that is fairly recently created and has not won an award at a WASH show is eligible to enter.
- Non-members and past members may enter a one-time free entry without membership. They will be encouraged to come to the meeting and consider joining WASH. Winner of the 1st Place must be a WASH member, so if a non-member wins they must join or lose their placement.
- The WASH Painting of the Month is meant to be challenging and fun. All levels of artists are encouraged to join in and vote for their favorites. It’s a great way for everyone to get to know each other during the meeting.